Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thursday May 27 Day 86

Thursday May 27 Day 86


We have been having trouble with the electric supply. It turns out that the problem is in the fuse box on the front veranda. The cook was playing around with a screwdriver and got the electricity to come on and go off by moving the screwdriver. The power is 220 volts and it is nothing to play around with. but he left the screwdriver jammed in the fuse area and the electricity continued to flow until the city turned it off at 11:30. My major problem is getting enough power to charge up the batteries in my computers, Ipod, Sony Reader, and video tape player. This is usually taken care of during the night. But the juice was off for the entire night and I was not getting by batteries charged. My Ipod is on its last fumes (are there fumes in a battery) so I plugged it in when the power was on. Here in India the wall plugs are individually controlled with a switch. I failed to turn on the plug and so I ran out of Ipod power just before lunch. I use the Ipod to entertain me while I eat lunch. Today, lunch was silent and over cooked to boot.


I find myself much less patient with things here, such as electricity. Perhaps I am suffering from “short timers disease”. My taping is done and I even packed my equipment suitcase today. I cannot wait to get out of here and on to the next adventure, like living where the electricity actually works most of the time. My mind is actively working on the new equipment I need to obtain for my second stay in India, trying to figure out what I can leave here so I will have available weight for sugar free chocolate on my return, how am I going to find a phone to call Travis, my son, when I arrive in Seattle, (that way I won’t have to live at the airport but they will have electricity) etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers