Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wednesday May 19 Day 78

Wednesday May 19 Day 78


I do not know if any of you remember a song from the old TV series Hee Haw. It was a country music variety show and they had song where the best line was, “If it weren't for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all”. That is me today. I went out to shoot today even though there were clouds developing overhead. I decided I could dodge the clouds and shoot when the sun was out. It took me 25 minutes to walk down the hill to start my shooting at the Hostel. After 3 shots and 10 minutes this big black cloud moved in from the west. I loaded up my equipment and headed for the school. I was waiting to see Steve Alter to get a letter from him authorizing my taping of the buildings of Woodstock. I waited while he wrote the letter and I had my one good piece of good luck for the day. A major rain storm started and then shifted to major hail. I was under cover the whole time. I got my letter from Steve and headed to the bazaar to see why my phone is not working. I had to wait for 30 minutes for the kids to clear out of the internet cafe and after several phone calls it turns out that the main office of the SIM card people have rejected my paper work. The latest is that the man from the internet cafe will go another provider of SIM cards and bring it to my home this evening. I really think I am going to have to redo all my documentation including new photos before I will get my phone. I shall let you know in the next installment

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers