Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thursday May 6 Day 65

Thursday May 6 Day 65


I am so pleased to see that my native genius is still in full working order. I started my laundry yesterday afternoon with soaking my jeans in Tide (jasmine and rose scent) after removing all the stuff in my pockets. What I had failed to do was to take my flash drive out of my watch pocket. This flash drive is used to backup my daily records and it was now in hot water plus soap. I retrieved it after about an hour. I am proud to say that my flash drive is a very sturdy chap and works well after drying out.


This morning Kilmarnock (the place I am living) is at peace in the clouds. There were clouds earlier above the tops of the hills but they have settled and are drifting around us. This is one of the views I remember so much from my Woodstock days. As usual the storm knocked out the electricity. This house has small windows and when the lights are out and the sun is covered up you need a flashlight to find your flashlight. Fortunately I always put in the same place, the problem is the place seems to lose itself.


I really did one thing right when planing my trip here. I got a whole bunch of books on tape to listen too. Today was a good example. It was too dark (and cold) outside to read but I could listen. The major problem with that is that I tend to fall asleep when lying down in the dark, which causes the story to jump ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers