Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday May 22 Day 81

Saturday May 22 Day 81


It is very interesting to come into a closed society from the outside. Woodstock is for all intents and purposes a closed society with their own internal communication system. Take for instance the play “The Importance of Being Ernest”. The play had been cancelled and replaced with a couple of one act plays and only being presented on one night instead of 2. The only reason I knew this was because I met one of the players as I going down the hill to see her performance. Everyone in the school knew this but outsiders had no means of finding out. I was informed by the music department that the year end concert was this Friday and Saturday. I was too tired to go last night and was out taping today only to see the piano soloist walking back from the bazaar. It turns out that everyone knows that the 2 concerts are different. The groups performing are different each night. So, I have missed the orchestra and chorus performances and the band performances are this evening and I do not want to hear high school band perform. So I shall stay home this evening. Perhaps the best thing I saw was the officially printed schedule for Woodstock had the plays and music performances listed for the wrong weekends. But No problem for Woodstock only for people coming in from the outside.


I have completed my video taping of the trails of the Woodstock area. I had to dodge a couple of clouds this afternoon but it was successful. I had another trail I had shot earlier but I have discovered that it is no longer really in use.


Last night the electricity went off at 9:30 pm and did not come back on until 7:30 this morning. I was logging my shots from yesterday and the electricity went off at 10 am and came back on sometime after 3 pm. The other problem is the electricity in the evening is so weak that I cannot see the keys on my laptop to do any logging or writing. I think I shall try to find a rechargeable camp light to use in the evening to supplement the light provided by the weak incandescent bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers